The Pacific Northwest Society for Coatings Technology awards scholarships in order to encourage the academic training of recipients who are seriously considering working in the paint and coatings industry in the pacific northwest (Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia).
- Scholarship candidates residing within the boundaries of the PNWSCT will be given preference over those living outside the PNW geographical area.
- The applicant must be planning to pursue a course of study leading to an AA, BA, BS, MS, or PhD. Students majoring in some aspect of coatings technology will have preference over those majoring in other phases of higher education. Provided funds are available, applicants pursuing a degree in other areas related to the coatings industry will also be considered.
- Merit evaluation will be based upon the candidate’s college transcript, or upon College Board entrance examination (SAT or ACT) results if the applicant has not previously attended college.
- Applicants meeting the above qualifications are eligible for the consideration. Scholarships will be awarded in the order of priority listed below:
- Any person currently employed in the coatings industry and who is a member, or could qualify as a member, of the PNWSCT.
- Children of members, or of persons who could qualify as members, of the PNWSCT.
- Other relatives of members, or of persons who could qualify as members, of the PNWSCT.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a one year basis.
- Renewal of scholarships will be contingent upon continued interest in pursuing a degree and maintaining a 3.0 grade point average (A=4.0), and continued availability of PNWSCT scholarship funds.
- Evaluation of applications for scholarships and scholarship renewals will be made by the PNWSCT Scholarship Committee. Scholarship Committee recommendations must be approved by the PNWSCT Board of Directors. All decisions of the Board of Directors of the PNWSCT in any matter connected with the scholarship competition are final.
- Letters of application for scholarship or scholarship renewal will be solicited in the beginning of each year. Scholarship applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee prior to May 31, of the desired year. Applications are to include the required transcripts and college entrance board examination results where applicable along with any other pertinent information. All awards will be announced by July 1 of same year.
Please submit your completed Scholarship Application package by email to: